The Stonehouse, Ice Cream Social and Charcoal Ice Cream

Just today I had the opportunity to discover three new things at the same time, all of which turned out to be very good (and yummy). First, I saw on The Stranger that Laina's Handcrafted Ice Cream (a tiny ice cream company from Seattle) was going to do an Ice Cream Social today, where people would have the chance to try brand new flavors and buy the traditional ones with a discount. I had never been to their Ice Cream Socials before, so this sounded like a great idea.

I got to the location for the Social and it was at The Stonehouse, a small café and bar right by Lake Washington that I had not been before. It's a lovely place and in a sunny day like today it offers plenty of outdoor seating with great views of the lake, and I'm looking forward to come here again for their regular fare.

For the Social, you could choose some traditional flavors (vanilla, chocolate, mint), some not so traditional (cookies and cream made with real Oreo cookies, toasted coconut, pumpkin pie) and some definitely unheard of (charcoal, maple bacon). I tried two small cups: the first was their Cadbury Creme Egg ice cream, which is vanilla ice cream with whole Cadbury Creme Eggs in it, and that was quite yummy. The second one was more adventurous: I tried their charcoal ice cream, which turned out to be good! It is sweet, with a flavor of vanilla and some distinct taste that it is really hard to describe. I think the only way to fully appreciate it is by trying yourself, and I think that in all likelihood you will like it too!










Comments

  1. Marlene bacon?!! Eu quero experimentar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. O corretor me mata...é Maple bacon




    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New experience: Coca-Cola made with AI

Live Concert: Bad Hombres!

Kayaking by the Boeing 737 MAX factory