New Experience: Trying Duck Eggs

While staying at the Dungeness, at the Olympic Peninsula, I passed by a house in the countryside with a sign for "Fresh Duck Eggs". I never had them, so I decided to give them a try! The owner of the house was this really nice lady who showed me her ducks and also talked me more about their eggs. As it turns out, when compared to regular chicken eggs, duck eggs are a size and a half bigger and slightly darker (I put a picture of one of them next to a chicken one so you can see by yourself), have a thicker shell and a bigger yoke. She also told me that they have a buttery taste and she likes them so much that she doesn't eat chicken eggs anymore. I always preferred hard boiled eggs so when I got home I prepared them like that, and they turned out perfectly. Indeed they have a great buttery taste and I really liked them! I still like chicken eggs, but I have to say that duck eggs do taste better. The one issue is, because they have a thicker shell, they are harder to peel off (you can see in the picture that the peeled eggs were not perfectly shaped...). Nevertheless, if you ever have the chance to try some, I think you're probably going to like them too!





Comments

  1. Vc comeu ovos de uma lady duck, já que vcs não tem o feminino de pato aí...e qdo vc falou que ia preparar os ovos...eu estremeci....mas a ideia era só cozinhá-los! Kkkkkkkkk

    ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New experience: Coca-Cola made with AI

Live Concert: Bad Hombres!

Kayaking by the Boeing 737 MAX factory