Kayaking on Lake Crescent and My First Ride on a Hydrobike

On the north side of the Olympic National Park you can find Lake Crescent, a lake with clear and calm waters, which is great for kayaking. That's exactly what I did today and it did not disappoint: at some points the water is so transparent that you feel like you're flying over the bottom of the lake. In fact, I've been on many bodies of water, but I have to say I've never seen such intense blue color as you can see in this lake. In addition, there is a pedestrian bridge on a small cove that's a favorite place for people to dive: for some reason that I'm not aware of this specific place is named "The Devil's Punchbowl" although I couldn't think of a more peaceful location. Finally, after I had enjoyed the waters for quite some time, I discovered that the Lake Crescent Lodge offers hydrobikes for rent, which is a water vessel I had never seen before. As the name implies, it's basically a bicycle on top of two floaters, and the chain is connected to a propeller: as you pedal, the propeller spins and you move forward. It's kinda cool but I still prefer the peace of my kayak.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New experience: Coca-Cola made with AI

Live Concert: Bad Hombres!

Kayaking by the Boeing 737 MAX factory