Capitol Hill Block Party

Yesterday I spent the day at the Capitol Hill Block Party, and it was a fantastic day! Capitol Hill is the bohemian/alternative neighborhood in Seattle, and every summer they close the streets around six city blocks to make a major street music festival. This year I decided to try it out and I had a great experience. There are multiple stages, some on the street and some indoor, with a variety of music genres and all kinds of shows: some more subdued, some really out there. In addition to that, it was a beautiful bright day (although a tad too hot) and the crowds were really enthusiastic. There were food trucks as well, and everything was very well organized: there were just a limited number of tickets that were sold, so it didn't feel overwhelming, and there were plenty of bathrooms, water stations and security. Regarding the music, it felt like I was in an all you can eat buffet, except that it was very good. I listened to a lot of great music and I really liked the experience. One interesting note: at one of the indoor venues, the singer asked for all lights to be turned off and asked the public to turn on the flashlights from our phones: it was the first show that I saw that was illuminated by the crowd. Depending on the dates, I may do it again next year! Just one small tip: in my opinion, paying extra for the VIP ticket is not worthy, I didn't do it, and the only thing I couldn't do was to go to a separate beer garden and a separate lounge, but I didn't miss any of that, and I could listen to all the music just the same.






































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New experience: Coca-Cola made with AI

Live Concert: Bad Hombres!

Kayaking by the Boeing 737 MAX factory