New Car Sharing Service: GIG

Many car sharing services have come and gone, especially in Seattle (I still remember the old "Car2Go" with their tiny little Smart cars). Almost all of them are no longer in the city, but there is a new one that seems to be doing well so far: GIG (from "Get In and Go"). Today I tried one of their vehicles: a relatively new Toyota Prius. This was also the first time that I drove a Prius. As you may imagine, you need a smartphone to first register with the app and then you use the app to find a nearby car and unlock it. My impression is that there seem to be quite a lot of them in Seattle and I didn't have trouble finding one nearby. As in other similar services, you need to finish your trip in Seattle, but the service lets you park even in metered parking spots. Driving the Prius itself was very nice: the car was in great shape, it drove very smoothly and quietly, and it was pretty easy to drive around town. I can see myself taking advantage of this service again whenever I need to go around Seattle.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New experience: Coca-Cola made with AI

Live Concert: Bad Hombres!

Kayaking by the Boeing 737 MAX factory