Venezuelan treat: Arepas!

"Arepas" are a staple in Venezuela: they are like a flat thick bread made from corn, that can be stuffed with various fillings such as beef, cheese, beans, etc. They are regularly consumed by the Venezuelan people and, as such, they are the main dish on the menu of this Venezuelan café at the University District in Seattle: the appropriately named "Arepa Venezuelan Kitchen". Yesterday I was there waiting for a movie at the Grand Illusion which is next door (see next post) and since I didn't have dinner I decided to try an arepa. It was delicious! I got one with shredded beef and cheese, and that was great. I want to go back there to try the other varieties. If you want to try one too, this seems to be the right place to give it a try.





Comments

  1. University District....I love that place!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New experience: Coca-Cola made with AI

Live Concert: Bad Hombres!

Kayaking by the Boeing 737 MAX factory